Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

MarkerPOP & Perfect Paper Crafting Blog Hop


Hi, and welcome to the MarkerPOP! & Perfect Paper Crafting Blog Hop!

The Perfect Layers designers are teaming up with the talented designers at MarkerPOP!, the home of premium markers plus lots more.  With projects created using Perfect Layers crafting tools and awesome coloring tools from MarkerPOP.com we hope to wow you with some gorgeous creations today!

Now, let's talk prizes!


Hop along with us today and leave some blog love for our Perfect Layers Designers and the MarkerPOP! designers to be eligible to win.   We at Perfect Layers will be giving away a $50 gift certificate to the Perfect Paper Crafting store.  MarkerPOP! will be giving away  a set of Perfect Tears Tools.  Two winners will be selected randomly from comments left on the DT blogs.  You have until Saturday, May 25th to play along -  Blog Hop winners will be announced on Sunday, May 26th.


This is the card I created to give to my mom for Mother's Day.  I guess the fact that I am the mother of 4 myself and laundry is all I ever seem to do; this Whimsy Stamps image, Lemon Pepper's Laundry Day carried by MarkerPOP! just kind of spoke to me and said, "MOM!" :)  LOL

After I had finished coloring, I really didn't want anything to take away from the image.  So I opted for a CAS (clean and simple) approach.  I started with a white cardstock base and layered it with August Rose cardstock from PTI.  My mat layers were made using my Perfect Layers ruler tool.  I added a border with a Martha Steward Arch Lattice punch, a scrap of designer paper from MME Lavender, a bit of twine, a button and a scrap of canvas.  

I just adored the way this turned out and had the hardest time giving it away.  But since it was going to my Mom, I knew it was going to be LOVED and cherished!!  xoxo  

Copics Used:
Skin: E13, E11, E00, E50, E95, E93
Hair: E41, E42, E43, E44, E47
Jeans: B99, B97, B95, B93
Apron: YG99, YG95, YG25, YG01, Y19, Y15, Y11
Birds: BG09, BG18, BG15, BG11
White: C3, C1, BG70
Grass: G99, G94, YG63, YG95, YG21
Sky shadowing: BG10, BG0000, BG70, C00


Ready to Hop?



33 comments:

M DelValle said...

AMAZING job, Wendy!! You are SO talented!

Anonymous said...

Am very envious of your coloring, great card!
hugs,
Carolyn

Sara said...

Fabulous coloring and I love that you kept it CAS to showcase it!

Jenée said...

Beautiful card. Your coloring is so vibrant and wonderful. I have to admit that I've used perfect layers rulers for years, and they have been the best investment I've ever made. The cards and inspiration in this hop have been wonderful. Kudos to all the DT.

ShersL84bed said...

Your card is gorgeous. Beautiful coloring.

Ivonne said...

Beautiful card! Love the cute image and the gorgeous coloring! Hugs, Ivonne

Miriam Prantner said...

Such a cute image, the coloring is amazing, love that bit of canvas trim beneath the button too!

sharon g said...

WOW! I love the image, AND how you colored it. The colors are vibrant but not gawdy. NICE JOB!

Shanna Shands said...

Amazing coloring!

Marcee Rodgers said...

Holy cow! Your coloring in AMAZING!! And your card is just beautiful♥

Natasha G.P. said...

Your coloring is top notch. Some day I hope to be that good, but I'm not an artist. I love to learn from you ladies because you really get it.

Patti said...

This hop has been so fun. I love seeing what everyone is doing with markers, so inspiring.

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Beautiful coloring. TFS

barbara macaskill said...

Awwwww! She can come and help do my laundry as long as she brings her kitty and the sweet little birds! Your card is delightful! So many awesome projects on this journey! So glad I came along or the ride because I enjoy seeing all the great designer's work! TFS!

Kristin said...

Gorgeous coloring!

Roxie said...

Wendy, your coloring just blows me away - fabulous, super cute card!

Debbie said...

Fantastic coloring! Love this image!

Janis said...

Adorable card. I can see why you had a difficult time giving it away!! Love the little touches like the smidgen of fabric under the button. Fabulous coloring, too!!

Kylie said...

stunning coloring

Kathleen said...

Very vibrant colors. Definitely my favorite!

Jean Bullock said...

This is so darling. Love all the layers. The coloring is awesome.

Denise Bryant said...

Beautiful card! Your coloring is wonderful! Love the nice even borders from using the Perfect Layers rulers! Looks like a great tool!

Amy Johnson said...

Such a cute image and the coloring is amazing!

Sue D said...

Fantastic coloring!

Alexia Misso said...

Gorgeous colors, love the card. Thanks for sharing!

Nazeema Calypso Thompson said...

Oh Wendy, your card is AMAZING...I LOVE your coloring!!! OMG I wish I could color like you!!

postalorphan said...

Stunning card! The coloring is truly fantastic!

TheSllanes said...

I just love your card. You did a terrific job. I bet your mom loved your card. This blog hop has been very inspiring...and tons of fun.
Thank you for sharing!!!!

Patricia St Martin said...

Stunning card. Your coloring is just beautiful. Love your image, she is just adorable.

Kristie Maynard said...

Beautiful job coloring this image. Love the card, just adorable. TFS.

CraftinGranny said...

Oh wow girl, your coloring is totally awesome. Gorgeous card!! I have to agree with the CAS style as the image is breathtaking. "Hugs"

NWFlamingo said...

Wonderful! Wish I could look so happy and colorful doing the laundry!

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Wow, your mom is going to cherish it! You did an amazing job on the coloring especially! Loved it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...